Due to scheduling conflicts there will be no live Zoom for DCMST’s Open House tonight. Instead feel free to look through the information on the slideshow that was posted earlier. If you have any questions feel free to email our principal Dr. Green at email@example.com.
Below is the DCMST Virtual Open House slideshow. We are not doing a live Open House Zoom tonight.
Yesterday every parent with an email in the system should have received an email with information to log in to Schoology. This way you can see what assignments your child is completing as well as communicate directly with your child’s teacher. We also will be using this system to send you messages. For more information, please refer to the Home Learning Hub website.
Dearborn Public Schools is now using Schoology, an integrated learning management solution that provides course management, mobile learning, and support for system-wide communication. Schoology enables our students, parents, and teachers to engage with learning materials and their school community from the classroom and beyond.
With Schoology, students can digitally submit homework assignments, review grades, participate in interactive discussions, receive announcements and feedback, take tests, write academic blogs, and more. As a parent, you will be able to view your child’s activity within the platform.
Parents will be able to see the work that is being assigned to their children. Schoology will also be used to communicate important information from the School. Schoology can be used on the web or via the Schoology App for iOS or Android.
Grades will still be available in ParentConnect through MiStar.
You will be receiving an email with your login information. These emails will be sent to parent email addresses on file via the Emergency Information Forms.
Schoology also has a Parent Guide available to support you and your questions. One of the most important topics is Parent Notifications. You can choose how and how often you are notified by Schoology. You may also find the Parent Overview Video useful.
Director, Technology & Media Services
أولياء الأمور والأوصياء القانونيين الكرام:
تستخدم مدارس ديربورن الرسمية حالياً منصة سكولجي المتكاملة لإدارة التعليم التي تقدم إدارة للمواد الدراسية وتعليم متنقل ودعم لنظام تواصل واسع النطاق. تمكن المدرسة طلابنا وأولياء الأمور والمعلمين من التفاعل مع المواد التعليمية ومجتمعهم المدرسي من الفصول الدراسية وخارجها. تمكن منصة سكولجي طلابنا وأولياء الأمور والمعلمين من الوصول إلى المواد التعليمية والتفاعل مع مجتمعهم المدرسي داخل الفصول الدراسية وخارجها.
مع منصة سكولجي سيتمكن الطلاب من تقديم الواجبات المنزلية رقميًا (عبر الإنترنت) ، ومراجعة العلامات، والمشاركة في المناقشات التفاعلية، وتلقي الإعلانات والملاحظات، وإجراء الاختبارات، وكتابة المدونات الأكاديمية، وإلى ما هنالك. ستتمكن كولي للأمر من متابعة نشاط طفلك داخل المنصة.
و سيتمكن أولياء الأمور من رؤية العمل الذي يجري تخصيصه لأطفالهم. كما سيتم استخدام سكولُجي لإيصال المعلومات الهامة الصادرة عن المدرسة. يمكن الدخول إلى المنصة من على شبكة الإنترنت أو عن طريق تطبيق سكولجي أجهزة آيفون وأندرويد.
سوف تتلقى رسالة عبر البريد الالكتروني تتضمن معلومات تسجيل الدخول الخاصة بك. سيتم إرسال هذه الرسائل الإلكترونية إلى عناوين البريد الإلكتروني الخاصة بالأهل المدرجة على نماذج معلومات الطوارئ.
تحتوي المنصة أيضاً على دليل الأهل Parent Guide لتقديم المساعدة والإجابة على أسئلتكم . من أهم الأمور المتوفرة على المنصة أنه بإمكانكم اختيار كيفية ووتيرة الحصول على تنبيهات من المنصة من الرابط التالي Parent Notifications. كما يمكنكم أيضاً الاستفادة من المعلومات المتاحة على الروابط التالية Parent Overview Video .
نحن نقدر مشاركتك في تعليم طفلك، و نشجعك على قراءة سياسة الخصوصية وشروط الاستخدام الخاصة بـمنصة سكولُجي
المتوفرة على الموقع التالي: https://www.schoology.com/privacy لضمان بيئة تعليمية آمنة ومأمونة وخاضعة للمراقبة سيتم مراقبة تقدم الطلاب ونشاطهم من قبل أعضاء هيئة التدريس .
مع جزيل الشكر
مدير قسم التكنولوجيا والخدمات الإعلامية
DCMST will be having a materials drop-off/distribution NEXT WEEK. 10th-12th graders must bring books from last year and all students will be picking up new ones. The schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, September 9th: 9-9:45 AM Seniors, 10-10:45 AM Juniors
Thursday September 10th: 9-9:45 AM Sophomores, 10-10:45 AM Freshmen
This will be a drive-through operation. There will be tables set up on the sidewalk to the left of the DCSMT doors. Cars should line up following the arrows marked on the ground. If your child dropped off their books at their home school in the Spring, please let us know when you come and tell us what books were dropped off.
DCMST will be having a live Zoom Orientation for both the 9th and 10th graders at noon on Wednesday, September 9th. Links will be posted on Remind on Tuesday.
The district has decided to move from six marking periods per year to four. The move to quarters was made to simplify the grading and communication process. This will not change how parents look online and get live feedback on grades. Parent teacher conference dates will be adjusted to fit the new system. Those dates will be finalized soon..
- Quarter 1 – cumulative weeks for 1-9
- Semester 1 – cumulative for weeks 1 – 18 (this grade will be on the transcript)
- Quarter 3 – cumulative weeks for 19-28
- Semester 2 – cumulative for weeks 19 – 36 (this grade will be on the transcript)
Welcome students and parents! Even though our building is closed, the learning continues. Our governor and legislature have required we transition to an online “remote learning” plan for the remainder of the school year. Our plan has been submitted to the county and accepted…and starts TODAY!
For the remainder of the 2019-2020 School Year, the DCMST Teachers will…
- Check their district email a minimum of once daily and responding within 24 hours to questions from students, parents and the community
- A directory of staff emails can be found at https://dcmst.dearbornschools.org/about/
- Update their classroom blog(s) by 11 AM every Monday with their plan for the week including
- Schedule and instructions for two required remote learning lessons
- Schedule and instructions for office hours for student/parent questions
- Teachers will post assignments in advance on the blog, iLearn, or Google Classroom.
- A directory of staff blogs can be found at https://dcmst.dearbornschools.org/about/
- Create and present a minimum of two (2) live/recorded lessons per week for each class.
- Schedule and instructions for joining can be found on teachers’ blog.
- Students are required to attend a minimum of 60% of these sessions to earn credit for the class and must attend 75% or more to earn a grade of “A” for the semester.
- Staff will assign at least one (1) assignment per week that students must complete and submit to teacher for grading. Students are required to earn a minimum of 60% of on these assignments to earn credit for the class and must earn 75% or more to earn a grade of “A” for the semester.
- Students who can not attend the scheduled “live” sessions due to conflicting events can participate in the recorded session. Must do this by 2 PM on Friday each week.
- For all DCMST classes, students are suggested to spend about 30 minutes per subject per day. AP Classes may require more time as they are all preparing for the upcoming AP Exams and/or Projects. Below is the schedule for live or recorded sessions for each class at DCMST. All sessions will be recorded and uploaded to iLearn or Google Classroom. If a student can not attend a live session due to conflict with the homeschool sessions, they will be able to watch the recorded session and upload proof of participation (notes, questions, etc.).
- Feedback must be provided and grades entered in MiStar.
- Student participation and assignment grades will be posted in MiStar (Parent/Student Connect) so you can track your progress
- Post and participate in “office hours”
- Teachers will be available “live” a minimum of one hour per week to answer parent and student questions. See individual teacher’s blogs for schedule and contact method.
- Remember, teachers are monitoring school email all week as well.
- Teachers are required to make “live” contact with students every week. If you students are attending the remote learning lessons, they will meet that requirement. If not, teachers will be using a variety of methods to reach out to students (online hangouts/chats, email, phone, or Remind.)
- If students are still not participating, DCMST administration and High School intervention teams will contact students and/or parents.
- Translation Services, access to a chromebook and assistance with internet access are available to families in need. Contact the students’ home high school for information.
You can find the DCMST schedule of live sessions as well as office hours for all teachers at the link below.
Today is the last day to apply to our program for Fall 2020. The application will close at midnight tonight.
Just a reminder that there will be a meeting for Parents of current 8th graders interested attending DCMST in the Fall tomorrow, February 4th from 6-7 PM in the Michael Berry Lecture Hall at the Dearborn Heights Campus. Any 8th grader that will successfully complete Algebra 1 this year and will be attending one of the three Dearborn Public High Schools is qualified to apply for the DCMST. Please click on the tab above titled “Potential DCMST Candidates” for more information and the link to apply.