Welcome students and parents! Even though our building is closed, the learning continues. Our governor and legislature have required we transition to an online “remote learning” plan for the remainder of the school year. Our plan has been submitted to the county and accepted…and starts TODAY!
For the remainder of the 2019-2020 School Year, the DCMST Teachers will…
- Check their district email a minimum of once daily and responding within 24 hours to questions from students, parents and the community
- A directory of staff emails can be found at https://dcmst.dearbornschools.org/about/
- Update their classroom blog(s) by 11 AM every Monday with their plan for the week including
- Schedule and instructions for two required remote learning lessons
- Schedule and instructions for office hours for student/parent questions
- Teachers will post assignments in advance on the blog, iLearn, or Google Classroom.
- A directory of staff blogs can be found at https://dcmst.dearbornschools.org/about/
- Create and present a minimum of two (2) live/recorded lessons per week for each class.
- Schedule and instructions for joining can be found on teachers’ blog.
- Students are required to attend a minimum of 60% of these sessions to earn credit for the class and must attend 75% or more to earn a grade of “A” for the semester.
- Staff will assign at least one (1) assignment per week that students must complete and submit to teacher for grading. Students are required to earn a minimum of 60% of on these assignments to earn credit for the class and must earn 75% or more to earn a grade of “A” for the semester.
- Students who can not attend the scheduled “live” sessions due to conflicting events can participate in the recorded session. Must do this by 2 PM on Friday each week.
- For all DCMST classes, students are suggested to spend about 30 minutes per subject per day. AP Classes may require more time as they are all preparing for the upcoming AP Exams and/or Projects. Below is the schedule for live or recorded sessions for each class at DCMST. All sessions will be recorded and uploaded to iLearn or Google Classroom. If a student can not attend a live session due to conflict with the homeschool sessions, they will be able to watch the recorded session and upload proof of participation (notes, questions, etc.).
- Feedback must be provided and grades entered in MiStar.
- Student participation and assignment grades will be posted in MiStar (Parent/Student Connect) so you can track your progress
- Post and participate in “office hours”
- Teachers will be available “live” a minimum of one hour per week to answer parent and student questions. See individual teacher’s blogs for schedule and contact method.
- Remember, teachers are monitoring school email all week as well.
- Teachers are required to make “live” contact with students every week. If you students are attending the remote learning lessons, they will meet that requirement. If not, teachers will be using a variety of methods to reach out to students (online hangouts/chats, email, phone, or Remind.)
- If students are still not participating, DCMST administration and High School intervention teams will contact students and/or parents.
- Translation Services, access to a chromebook and assistance with internet access are available to families in need. Contact the students’ home high school for information.
You can find the DCMST schedule of live sessions as well as office hours for all teachers at the link below.